Why travel with a suitcase?
- Personal Convenience: Suitcases win with their convenience. Whether in the airport, on the high-speed train, or during the journey, you can effortlessly maneuver them.
- Wheels: An essential feature of luggage is that it comes with wheels. Watching fellow travelers struggle under the weight of their backpacks while you can easily roll your suitcase is a satisfying advantage. This convenient feature adds a lot of value to the travel experience.
- Sweat-Free Back: For those who love traveling or frequently go on business trips, do I need to say more?
- Organized Packing: For organizing your travel essentials, there is nothing worse than a top-loading backpack. Unzipping the suitcase, having a clear view of all the items, with well-organized compartments, is a priceless treasure.
- Security: Hard-shell suitcases have many advantages in terms of durability and security. This greatly ensures the safe storage of your belongings without much worry.
What are the size standards for travel suitcases?
You should aim to travel with carry-on luggage only for all trips, regardless of their length. This not only saves you time at the airport but also ensures that you have everything you need. Here's a comprehensive traveling suitcase sizing guide to help you choose the right suitcase size for your next adventure:
- 18-20” International Carryon: Considered the size for an international carry-on suitcase, this dimension is ideal if you are traveling on European budget airlines such as EasyJet or Ryanair. Their regulations are particularly stringent.
- 21-22” Domestic Carryon: This is the most popular size for carry-on suitcases, ensuring that you can travel effortlessly anywhere with this size of suitcase. Different airlines have strict requirements for the dimensions of carry-on suitcases, so it's advisable to confirm before heading to the departure airport.
- 23-24” Medium Checked: This size is perfect for travelers who not only need to carry a suitcase on board but also require some extra space for storing souvenirs. One thing to note is that luggage of this size cannot be carried on board and needs to be checked separately.
- 25-27” Large Checked: Generally, this is the most popular size for checked suitcases because of its ample space. If you need to check a suitcase for two people, it is best to use this size of suitcase. If you are traveling with your family, you can also pack each person's belongings in one or two of these suitcases for convenient handling.
What is the best suitcase for short travel?
For short 2-3 day trips, a small carry-on or compact weekend bag is the way to go. Luggage should measure around 21-22 inches, as most airlines consider this size as standard carry-on luggage. You'll need a lightweight, durable, and easy-to-maneuver suitcase, preferably with smooth rollers and a sturdy handle for easy transportation.
What size suitcase is best for 7 days of travel?
For a week-long trip, a medium-sized checked suitcase measuring around 23-24 inches would be an appropriate choice. This site will provide plenty of room for clothing and other essentials needed for a 7-day trip. Your suitcase should have efficient internal organization features such as compartments, pockets, and straps to help keep your belongings organized and easily accessible during your trip. Also consider the weight of the suitcase, as you want to avoid exceeding the checked baggage weight limit set by your airline.
What is the best size suitcase for international travel?
For international travel, the best suitcase size is typically between 27-32 inches. This larger size provides you with enough room for all of your essentials for longer trips and allows you to carry clothing suitable for different climates and occasions.
However, it is necessary to check the specific baggage requirements of the airline you will be traveling on, as some airlines may have restrictions on the maximum allowable size of checked baggage. International carry-on baggage is usually smaller than the U.S. domestic limit of 22 x 14 x 9 inches or 45 diameter inches. Carry-on baggage on international flights usually ranges from 22 to 15.7 inches in height, with varying depth and width restrictions.
In addition, choose luggage with durable construction, secure locks, and smooth rollers for easy movement through airports and other travel destinations. Interior compartments and organizational features also help keep your belongings neatly organized and easily accessible while you're on the road.